Wellness Meets Green: 5 Ways to Maximize your LOVE for Coffee
Every morning I make 4 cups of coffee. Enough to satisfy myself, myself if I’m extra tired, and Brooke in case he needs an extra jolt. And almost every morning, I waste about a cup or TWO of perfectly drinkable coffee. I dump it out, clean out the grounds, and prepare for the next day. But no more! This mindless wasting is over!Here are some innovative ways to save your unused coffee and coffee grounds!
1. Freeze Ice Cubes to enjoy later in an Iced coffee and avoid the chances of having watered down coffee!
2. Refrigerate your extra coffee in a Mason Jar to use later to make a Coffee Frapp! Blend 1 cup of coffee, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 tablespoon of Stevia, and a handful of ice!
3. Use your unused coffee grounds to make an exfoliating Face Cleanse or Cellulite Scrub! Mix together your leftover coffee grounds, 1 Tb Olive oil, and a few drops of any essential oil. I like to use vanilla. The grounds help purify and exfoliate your skin, while the olive oil gives back moisture. Feel free to rub this in anywhere, studies show that the caffeine help reduce cellulite!
4. Use cold coffee as a Hair Shine Spray! Simply pour your remaining cold coffee in a spray container, the coffee’s caffeine helps bring shine to your hair.
5. Use your coffee cubes to make this yummy Bailey’s coffee cocktail!